How to move the palette in glvox?

Dear ROOTers,

In the 3D histogram drawn by glvox2(/tutorials/gl/glvox2.C), a part of the label of X axis was covered by the palette.

But the palette can not be dragged by mouse. How can I move the palette or the histogram?

Thank you.

It’s painted in a fixed position and can not be moved (it’s not an interactive object).

hi, after

write:

[code]gPad->Update();
TPaletteAxis palette = (TPaletteAxis)hist->GetListOfFunctions()->FindObject(“palette”);

// the following lines move the palette. Choose the values you need for the position.
  palette->SetX1NDC(0.84);
  palette->SetX2NDC(0.88);
  palette->SetY1NDC(0.2);
  palette->SetY2NDC(0.9);
  gPad->Modified();
  gPad->Update();[/code]

and set the numbers of

palette->SetX1NDC(0.84);
      palette->SetX2NDC(0.88);
      palette->SetY1NDC(0.2);
      palette->SetY2NDC(0.9);

as it is better for your plot
I had your same problem with a TH2F plot and I resolved in this way…I think it works for a TH3F histogram too…

Thank you!

[quote=“faca87”]hi, after

write:

[code]gPad->Update();
TPaletteAxis palette = (TPaletteAxis)hist->GetListOfFunctions()->FindObject(“palette”);

// the following lines move the palette. Choose the values you need for the position.
  palette->SetX1NDC(0.84);
  palette->SetX2NDC(0.88);
  palette->SetY1NDC(0.2);
  palette->SetY2NDC(0.9);
  gPad->Modified();
  gPad->Update();[/code]

and set the numbers of

palette->SetX1NDC(0.84);
      palette->SetX2NDC(0.88);
      palette->SetY1NDC(0.2);
      palette->SetY2NDC(0.9);

as it is better for your plot
I had your same problem with a TH2F plot and I resolved in this way…I think it works for a TH3F histogram too…[/quote]

Thank you for the help!

It is a way to get the pointer of a palette. But it did not work in TH3D and openGL.

After I type the command “TPaletteAxis palette = (TPaletteAxis)hist->GetListOfFunctions()->FindObject(“palette”);”, “(TPaletteAxis *) nullptr” showed in the terminal.

It seems like the palette is fixed as the friend said in the second floor.

Hi, I’m sorry…as I wrote, I used that code and I resolved…but as I see you draw the graph in different way…