How to generate 'a copy of the online docs'?

Dear ROOT experts,

Is there a special script or setup that’s used to generate the online docs on the ROOT website? Only recently did I play with ‘gmake htmldoc’ on my laptop but that produced slightly different results than online. For example: the little floating window on the top right is not a floater (but embedded in the page) in my generated pages. It also missed some classes, like the XML classes. I only tried this in v5.14.00 (forgot which patch) so this may be something that got fixed or is not even a problem. Just wanted to check this before I start messing with things.

Cheers,
Jeroen

Hoi Jeroen,

I wouldn’t use a script - it’s too easy. To generate documentation for all of ROOT itself do cd $ROOTSYS;root THtml h; h.LoadAllLibs(); h.MakeAll(); I’ll fix the script to do just that.

And yes, 5.14 didn’t have the nice floating window yet, sorry.

Cheers, Axel.

Thanks Axel,

That explains things. (And it shows how quickly I get used to nice little gadgets like the floating window.)

Cheers,
Jeroen

Doh! It turns out that v5.16.00 does not yet have a THtml::LoadAllLibs(). Should I just copy-paste the code (don’t want to go to a dev release right now) or is there a pre-v5.17 trick you used?

Cheers,
Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

well - you can manually load all libs, or you can copy the code from THtml::LoadAllLibs() into a macro and run that. It’s a static function, so the translation into a macro should be straight forward. Or you use “ld lib/*.so” + sed…

Cheers, Axel.