How to display the entries and details of a particular histogram when multiple histograms are plotted on a single plot

Hi,

I have written a macro to plot two histograms on the same plot. The first histogram is plotted from a TTree and the second result need to be plotted from a .dat file with two columns (namely the mass and yield).

{

TFile *file3=TFile::Open("RAW173.root");
TTree *tree3=(TTree*)file3->Get("Analysis");

TH1D*h1 = new TH1D("h1","Normalised to the total number of events",100.,40.,140.);
   h1->SetLineColor(8);
   h1->SetLineStyle(1);
   h1->SetLineWidth(3);
   tree3->Draw("M_Tot>>h1","","goff");
   s1 = 6./11620.;   // Normalised to amplitud of the histogram
   h1->Scale(s1);
   h1->Draw("");

TTree *MyTree = new TTree("MyTree", "MyTree");
  MyTree->ReadFile("yield176_40.dat", "Mass:Yield"); // the .dat file has two coloums (mass and the corresponding yeilds )and I would like to plot a 1D histogram but I dont know how
  MyTree->SetEstimate(MyTree->GetEntries()); 
  TH2F *MyHisto = new TH2F("MyHisto", ";Fragment Mass Number [amu];Yield (%)", 100, MyTree->GetMinimum("Mass") - 1, MyTree->GetMaximum("Mass") + 1, 100, MyTree->GetMinimum("Yield") - 1, MyTree->GetMaximum("Yield") + 1);
  MyTree->Project("MyHisto", "Yield:Mass");
 MyHisto->Draw("SAME");

auto legend = new TLegend(0.1,0.5,0.4,0.6);
   legend->SetHeader("","C"); 
   legend->AddEntry(h1,"176_Os_Ex_Exp=64.8 MeV, Eff_Ex~40MeV","l");
   legend->AddEntry(MyHisto,"176_Os_Ex_K=40 MeV","l");
   legend->SetBorderSize(0);
   legend->Draw();
}

So when I run this macro I have the histogram details of the first histogram h1 but I would like to display the entries, std dev and intergral of the second histogram MyHisto.

Could some one please let me know how to do this.

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: Not Provided
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

Thanks, @Wile_E_Coyote for the prompt response.

I had one more doubt. I want to draw my second histogram from a text file with two columns namely mass and its yields (see the attached file).

Rather than plotting a 2D histogram, I would like to plot the 1D histogram for mass yields. So could you please tell me how to plot a 1D histogram for a .txt file with two columns?
yield176_40.txt (6.1 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.