How to compile with Mathmore/Mathcore support at all?

First: I’m very sorry for “flodding” the forum with my questions at the moment - but I try to work my way through root, and try to give something back through bug reports and hints about errors in the documentation.

Here my problem: I try to install root with mathmore/mathcore support, but it does not work. What I did:

• download of the source code
  • setting of ROOTSYS and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  • running configure with

ROOT ./configure options: QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3/ linux --enable-mathcore --enable-mathmore --enable-reflex --enable-cintex --enable-roofit --enable-minuit2 --enable-explicitlink --enable-table --enable-python --enable-qt --enable-ruby --enable-thread --enable-opengl --with-opengl-incdir=/usr/X11R6/include/GL/ --with-opengl-libdir=/usr/X11R6/lib/

• compiling with make -j2 gmake cintdlls
  • moving the source package as root to $ROOTSYS
  • starting root

If I know try to call a Math function in root, I just get the message that it does not exist:

root [0] ROOT::Math::GSLRootFinderDeriv( class "ROOT::Math" not defined.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

liquidat

Hi

I believe that you have first to load the MathCore library (not done by default because not everybody build/use it).
What I do:

root [0] gSystem->Load(“libMathCore.so”);

and then I can use the library. Of course you have to do the same for the library MathMore, for example if you want to use ROOT::Math::GSLRootFinderDeriv .

Cheers

Oh my gosh, it can be so easy - thank you very much, it saved my day, I can finally access ROOT::Math :smiley:

And if you add a gSystem->Load("libMathMore.so"); you can also access MathMore libraries.

Thanks again!

liquidat