How to compile .cxx files in TMVA

Dear experts,

it could be a stupid question but since I upgrade my ROOT version to 6.06.08, I can not find a way to compile .cxx files in TMVA. I know it is different than the previous versions - such that there is no macros inside tmva directory. I.e I’d like to change efficiencies.cxx which is under $ROOTSYS/tmva/tmvagui/src/ , indeed changing file not a problem but I could not achieve to compile it. I tried g++, make, c++ commands so far and nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

if you followed the instruction at root.cern.ch/building-root to build ROOT, all you need is to execute ‘make install’ while your current directory is the build directory.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi,

thanks for the response.

I most likely build it with old-fashioned method. I’d rather not to use cmake for some reason.

Best

Even if you did build it the old fashion way doing make all or make install should do the trick.

I have nothing more than following in the $ROOTSYS/build directory :

win
version_number
version.cxx
unix
package
Module.mk
CMakeLists.txt
misc
rmkdepend
dummy.d

make install does not work for any of them.

Thanks.

HI,

This is not the build directory i was refering to. The ‘build’ directory I was refering to was the directory that was the current directory when you did ‘configure’ then ‘make’ originally.

Cheers,
Philippe.