How to access the TMVA result.root by code instead of TMVA::GUI

Hi all,
If there is an example of how to access the TMVA result.root by code instead of TMVA::GUI? Graphical interfaces cannot be forwarded using jumper server. So I can not get the access to the TMVA::GUI. How can I access the tmva result through codes. And I think it will be more convenience to get the output through code.

Thanks.

Hi @realTay_John,

Could you please be more specific on your issue? Otherwise, @moneta, our TMVA expert, will not be able to help.

Cheers,
J.

Graphical interfaces cannot be forwarded using jumper server. So I can not get the access to the TMVA::GUI. How can I access the tmva result through codes.

@moneta should be able to help you with that.

Alternatively, how are you accessing the remote server? If it’s SSH, you may be able to enable X11 forwarding in order to still use the GUI, even if running on a different machine.

Cheers,
J.

1 Like

Hi jalopezg,
I access the remove(name2) server by: ssh -J name1@hep.cn name2@cern.ch
And when I run command: display in target server, an error happens:

display: unable to open X server `' @ error/display.c/DisplayImageCommand/410.

Hi,
You can access all the GUI functions with code. What is beinh the GUI are just some functions defined in root/tmva/tmvagui/inc/TMVA at master · root-project/root · GitHub .
These two notebooks are an example on how to do this:

If you have further questions, please let me know

Lorenzo

1 Like

I’m not sure as to whether X11 forwarding is supported in conjunction with the -J option, but perhaps you can do $ ssh -X -J name1@hep.cn name2@cern.ch.
Otherwise, you should be able to do it (provided that it is allowed by the remote end), a single step at a time, i.e. first by issuing $ ssh -X name@hep.cn, and afterward $ ssh -X name2@cern.ch.

Also, read @moneta reply above.

Cheers,
J.

1 Like

Hi@moneta,
That is what I want, that’s very fine for me!
Thanks you.
:kissing_heart:
Best regards

Hi jalopezg,

The -X option also works!
Thanks for your nice help. :partying_face: :kissing_heart:

Best regards!

1 Like