Histogram fit question

Good afternoon,

can anyone suggest how to fit this distribution. It is important to do the 3D fit, not to fit projections etc.

Canvas_1
EdepEmaxRad3D.root (1.9 MB)

Hi,

What exactly would you like to do ?
If you want to find a relations between the coordinates, for example Radius as a function of Deep and Emax, you can fit those 3d points with a 2d function, calling TH3:Fit. Which type of function, I don’t know, it is up to you to understand which shape has the distribution of those points.
If instead you want to estimate the 3d density you need to fit using a 3d function.
It depends on your goals.

Cheers

Lorenzo

Hi,

In the end I want to get a curve (roughly like the one in the figure) that follows the distribution. My question is how can I obtain it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@moneta ping

Hi,

You need to have a mathematical description for your curve and then you can perform a fitting similar to what is done in this example ( see ROOT: tutorials/fit/fitCircle.C File Reference ) but extending it to 3 dimensions.

Lorenzo

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.