Help with mingw64 build

I was successfully able to build it, but when I enter anything at the REPL I get:
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol ‘ZN5cling7runtime8internal16local_cxa_atexitEPFvPvES2_S2’ unresolved while linking function’_Z15__cling_Un1Qu30Pv’!

I can’t figure out what this means. Any ideas?

Hi,

Windows is not yet a supported platform for cling.

This likely means that the linker flags are wrong, and that cling’s JIT cannot resolve symbols from its own binary. We’d be happy to receive a patch.

Cheers, Axel.

I’ve abandoned that build which was based on a recipe and I’m now building from the latest source code on github. I still have a couple issues. There is no output. No [cling] prompt and nothing when I enter puts("…"). The other issue is if I just enter an expression like 5, I get an error:

/src/tools/clang/lib/AST/Expr.cpp, Line 721

Expression: V.getBitWidth() == C.getIntWidth(type) && “Integer type is not the correct size for constant.”

I know it is not a supported platform, but I would appreciate any tips from those who know the source code:)

Hi,

Well - you’ll need to port cling to MingW - I don’t know what else to say… You’d have to make it work, debug one issue after the next, and fix them. Sorry, I realize that’s not very helpful, but that’s the best I can do not porting this myself…

Cheers, Axel.