Help to implement special histogram

I would like to implement 2D histogram, where the pixels has not “square”-shape but hexagons (our detector has hexagon crystals). Where should I start, how should I do it (while probably this feature is not for general interest that is why I would do it by myself …)

Could somebody help me?

k.

It is not clear if you are requesting a simple visualisation function to display hexagons in a NXxNY T2 histogram or if you require a special class to classify points in bins depending if they belong or not to a particular cell.

Rene

Hello Rene,

Thanks for your answer.

[quote=“brun”]It is not clear if you are requesting a simple visualisation function to display hexagons in a NXxNY T2 histogram or if you require a special class to classify points in bins depending if they belong or not to a particular cell.

Rene[/quote]

What I want, in details, lego-plot where the shape of the “columns” are hexagons. because of the hexagon shapes - if you want to fill an area without gaps - are “overlapping” in X and Y so there is no straight mapping from hexagons to squares …

Of course I am open for every kind of solutions which can solve this problem …

k.

PS:
I have implemented filled tpolyline-hexxagons but I dont know how could I turn it to hexagonal-columns … which would be very useful …