string str;
};

void RunMe()
{
   B * arrB = new B[10];

if( arrB )
      delete[] arrB;
}

It happens in debug build of both CINT5 and CINT7 (latest from svn feb 6, 09), built for msvc8.
It always and only happens when using any stl class in class B.
In release build of CINT it crashes on 2nd run (After 1st run file unloaded with command U), and with cint lib.
Any help appreciated please.

Hi,

You can work around the problem by adding a explicit default constructor:

class B { public: B() {} string str; };

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi,

The underlying problem has been resolved in cint7.

Cheers,
Philippe.

thank you!

hmmm, after getting updates from repository i’m getting errors:

debug.cxx cint7/src/debug.cxx(861) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'char *' Conversion loses qualifiers cint7/src/debug.cxx(894) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'char *' Conversion loses qualifiers cint7/src/debug.cxx(922) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'char *' Conversion loses qualifiers cint7/src/debug.cxx(949) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'char *' Conversion loses qualifiers make: *** [cint7/src/debug.obj] Error 2

Hi,

debug.cxx should now be fixed in the repository.

Cheers,
Philippe.

thank you.

got them, there are more:

error.cxx cint7/src/error.cxx(281) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'char *' cint7/src/expr.cxx(46) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'char *' cint7/src/expr.cxx(187) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'char *' cint7/src/func.cxx(1920) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'char *' cint7/src/func.cxx(3337) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'const char *' to 'char *'

Also there were lots of warnings, not the FIXME ones:

[code]tool/rmkdepend//mainroot.cxx(40) : warning C4273: ‘unlink’ : inconsistent dll linkage
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\INCLUDE\stdio.h(290)

sunos.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
oldlink.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
newsos.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
bc_eh.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
[/code]
and lots, ~49 warnings like these:

Warning: #pragma link, function log(valarray<int>) not found prec_stl/valarray(261) Warning: #pragma link, function log10(valarray<int>) not found prec_stl/valarray(262) Warning: #pragma link, function pow(valarray<int>,valarray<int>) not found prec_stl/valarray(263)

Hi,

All those warnings should be ‘harmless’ and the build should now work correctly (we will attempt to remove those warnings).

Cheers,
Philippe

thank you.

What about those errors?
There are more const char * conversions errors - Pls take a look at another my message right above one with warnings question: http://root.cern.ch/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=33686#33686

Hi,

The const char* conversion are now fixed in the svn repository.
The “no public symbols found” are also fixed.

Cheers,
Philippe

Hi,

The vc8 and vc9 should now work smoothly (there will still be some minor warning about valarray). Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
Philippe.

Thanks
Unfortunately CINT still crashes on second run of this code: http://root.cern.ch/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=33706#33706

Second run means:
X C:\CINT\failtest\RunMe.cxx
U C:\CINT\failtest\RunMe.cxx
X C:\CINT\failtest\RunMe.cxx
Error: Illegal assignment to G__STRING c:\cint\cint7\stl_string(12)
!!!Error recovered!!!

and i have more complicated code that crashes at first run, but generally it similar to this

Hi,

You can work around this problem by doing:cint.exe> { #include <string> } cint.exe> X RunMe.cxx

Cheers,
Philippe.

Is there similar workaround for lib cint ?

What do you mean (‘lib cint’)?

Cheers,
Philippe

I use CINT as dll built with some additional callbacks to load by my program.

Hi,

I am not sure what mechanism you are using :slight_smile:.

Anyway, the point of the working around is to load all the ‘infrastructure’ library before loading the (user) scripts that will be reloaded. A script reload (or unload) imply the unloading of all script, includes and library that have been loaded since.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Thank you, Philippe

I will give a try.
So, generally right after loading my dll with embedded CINT i should do something like:

Is there a way to add those to dictionary while building that dll?

BTW, though you wrote in other topic in “cint bugs and features” that this bug is fixed, i still have to use that workaround even with latest CINT7 built with msvc9

[quote]BTW, though you wrote in other topic in “cint bugs and features” that this bug is fixed, i still have to use that workaround even with latest CINT7 built with msvc9[/quote]My apologies I had mis-read your post (and did not ‘see’ the part where you mentioned that this happens in Cint7 after reloads.

[quote]So, generally right after loading my dll with embedded CINT i should do something like: [/quote]Yes :slight_smile:

[quote]Is there a way to add those to dictionary while building that dll?[/quote]I don’t think so.

Cheers,
Philippe.