Having a hard time running root

Hello, I recently installed root and all of the components needed for me to run it on my mac. Everything went well while building and I was able to run root the first time. I restarted my mac while trying to install some updates, and when I tried running root from the terminal like I did when I first installed it it would not do it. It tells me that the command does not exist and when I use the command ‘more root’ it says root is a directory and I’m not quite sure how to go about running the program again. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first time using the terminal on my mac and this software, and I’m trying to find my way around it. Thanks!

Hi,
I’m not a mac user so I’m not 100% sure, but it could be that you just need to call source root/bin/thisroot.sh to put your root installation in your PATH (~ in the list of available applications). If you put that line in a file called .bashrc in your home directory, it will be executed every time a shell is opened and ROOT will always be in your PATH.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Enrico