Hard-coded library directories in Mac OS X binaries?

Hi Fons,

I downloaded the binaries for 4.04 and 5.08 this afternoon with the intention of installing them in a network-accessible location for Xgrid jobs. When I build against 4.04 I see

_BF_cbc_encrypt referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_BF_set_key referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_BIO_free referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_BIO_new referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_BIO_s_mem referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_BIO_write referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_ERR_error_string referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_ERR_get_error referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_PEM_read_bio_RSAPublicKey referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_RAND_seed referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_RSA_free referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_RSA_public_encrypt referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_RSA_size referenced from libCore expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
_FT_Done_Face referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Done_FreeType referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Done_Glyph referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Get_Char_Index referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Get_Glyph referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Get_Kerning referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Glyph_Get_CBox referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Glyph_Transform referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Init_FreeType referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Library_Version referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Load_Glyph referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_New_Face referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Set_Char_Size referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Set_Charmap referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib
_FT_Vector_Transform referenced from libGraf expected to be defined in /Users/rdm/root/lib/libfreetype.dylib

If I build against 5.08 the libcrypto errors are gone but the libfreetype ones are still there. Note that I didn’t set any environment variables for these distributions; I thought I would not need to because I am only using them as dynamic library repositories for Xgrid jobs to load at runtime. Is this something I can rectify (perhaps with install_name_tool?) or should I just build the distributions from source? Thanks,

Adam Kocoloski

[quote=“kocolosk”]Hi Fons,
If I build against 5.08 the libcrypto errors are gone but the libfreetype ones are still there. Note that I didn’t set any environment variables for these distributions; I thought I would not need to because I am only using them as dynamic library repositories for Xgrid jobs to load at runtime. Is this something I can rectify (perhaps with install_name_tool?) or should I just build the distributions from source? Thanks,

Adam Kocoloski[/quote]
I have the same problem.
Root 5.08 binaries installed ok, and root works, but I can’t install Gate since at link time it’s looking for libfreetype in a rpm directory that’s not there…
I am thinking of building root from sctach, but then I have to install fortran on my laptop…

[quote=“iManu”][quote=“kocolosk”]Hi Fons,
I am thinking of building root from sctach, but then I have to install fortran on my laptop…[/quote][/quote]
OK I reinstalled Root from the sources, everything is OK…