Handle Maximize Window Function

Hi,

In my application I have many TCanvases. IN one of them I’m going to handle mouse click event for the objects on the Canvas, and also handling Maximize window button(?) event while let root do normal resizing. The idea is to keep aspect ratio of the canvas and keep the canvas within the boundary of the display screen. With previous experience I could do handling mouse click events on the canvas. But I tried many things to handle maximize window event such as kConfigureNotify but not works well as I intended. By trial I could find kMapNotify is for minimizing and kUnmapNotify is for restoring window, but couldn’t find one for exclusively for maximize and restoring from maximize.

Could you please let me know how can I handle the maximize window?

Thanks in advance,
Yun-Ha

Hi Yun-Ha,

Sorry for the late reply.
Unfortunately, there is no method in ROOT to handle this particular event.
And as far as I know, there is no easy platform/WM independent way to check if a Window has been maximized…

Cheers,
Bertrand.

Hi Bertrand,

Thank you for your kind reply.
I thought there was a separate event when people click maximize button.
Is there any document which summarizes in what condition the signals are emitted? For example, when kConfigureNotify signal is being emitted? When I practiced it seemed to be generated when I move the window, resize window, etc.

Thanks again,
Yun-Ha

Hi Yun-Ha,

No, we don’t have a list of emitted signals, but you can take a look in the source documentation and search for SIGNAL in the class you’re interested by.
And ConfigureNotify event is when the size of a window has changed.

Cheers,
Bertrand.