Hadd issues moving from 6.08/02 to 6.08/06

Dear experts,

We have some code that run Hadd in a bunch of root files. This has been working fine until today. We have to move to a newer release and it has 6.08/06 instead of the old release that had: 6.08/02. For some reason, we see this error:

Fatal in <TClass::SetUnloaded>: The TClass for map<TString,TString> is being unloaded when in state 3

Could you give us some tip on how to fix this problem?

This job works fine if we just use older root versions.

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Is this really the hadd binary issuing these errors? @pcanal - any recommendation on what to look for?

Cheers, Axel.

Does it also fail with v6.10/06?

Does it also fail if you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ‘just’ $ROOTSYS/lib?

Did you recompile the library that has the dictionary for map<TString, TString> when switch from one ROOT version to the other?

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi,

To be fair, I did not do much, as it is linked to the athena release we use in atlas. The only thing I did is to move from one release to a newer one. Apparently the root version is setup in:

/cvmfs/atlas.cern.ch/repo/sw/software/21.0/sw/lcg/releases/LCG_87/ROOT or
/cvmfs/atlas.cern.ch/repo/sw/software/21.0/sw/lcg/releases/LCG_88/ROOT/

If after setting up the release linked to 6.08/06 I do:
source /cvmfs/atlas.cern.ch/repo/sw/software/21.0/sw/lcg/releases/LCG_87/ROOT/6.08.02/x86_64-slc6-gcc49-opt/bin/thisroot.sh
the hadd command works fine.

Cheers,
Alex

That sounds like something the ATLAS offline software people should be told about! Can you report this to them? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.