Greek ROOT menu

Hi,
For some read reason, all of my ROOT menus appear in greek. The words are in English, the fonts are just greek. How do I change that?

Nir

Can you execute from the ROOT command prompt:root [0] gEnv->GetValue("Gui.DefaultFont","") (const char* 0x19844c8)"-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1" root [1]and send us the result. To get the normal fonts the result should be “iso8859-1” or its equivalent for the latin letters.

Yes, that’s the result I get, yet still greek fonts.
Could it be related to linux session language (though I can’t imagine why it should be greek)?

Check the definition of the GUI fonts in your $ROOTSYS/etc/system.rootrc or $HOME/.rootrc file. You should have something like:

# GUI specific settings. Gui.Backend: native Gui.Factory: native Gui.DefaultFont: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.MenuFont: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.MenuHiFont: -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.DocFixedFont: -adobe-courier-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.DocPropFont: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.IconFont: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.StatusFont: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 Gui.BackgroundColor: #c0c0c0 Gui.ForegroundColor: black Gui.SelectBackgroundColor: #000080 Gui.SelectForegroundColor: white Gui.DocumentBackgroundColor: white Gui.DocumentForegroundColor: black Gui.TooltipBackgroundColor: LightYellow Gui.TooltipForegroundColor: black Gui.IconPath: $(HOME)/icons:$(ROOTSYS)/icons:. Gui.MimeTypeFile: $(HOME)/.root.mimes

Rene

Yes, my $ROOTSYS/etc/system.rootrc looks precisely like it. I don’t have a home .rootrc

Hi Nir,

Please run the guitest.C macro from $ROOTSYS/tutorials/gui and select from Test menu / Font Dialog… . Do you see the list of fonts in the font dialog?

Cheers, Ilka