`GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found

I encounter the following error when running a binary using ROOT:

/cvmfs/cms.cern.ch/slc6_amd64_gcc530/external/gcc/5.3.0/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found (required by /cvmfs/cms.cern.ch/slc7_amd64_gcc630/cms/cmssw/CMSSW_9_4_11/external/slc7_amd64_gcc630/bin/../../../../../../../slc7_amd64_gcc630/lcg/root/6.10.08-fmblme2/lib/libRIO.so)

see that GLIBCXX_3.4.22 is really missing:

strings /cvmfs/cms.cern.ch/slc6_amd64_gcc530/external/gcc/5.3.0/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX_3.4.2 
GLIBCXX_3.4.2
GLIBCXX_3.4.20
GLIBCXX_3.4.21
GLIBCXX_3.4.21
GLIBCXX_3.4.20
GLIBCXX_3.4.2

What is libRIO.so?
Why does it require libstdc++ that uses a different architecture?
How to fix?

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: Not Provided
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

Where did you find the instructions to set up that version of ROOT? It’s SLC6 (which is really old), and it’s using a custom built compiler that first needs to set up. Can we maybe find a better binary for you? :slight_smile:

I am working at LXPLUS with CMSSW, where Root is already built in.

Then why would CMSSW set up a ROOT that’s not for CC7 (that’s what lxplus runs on) and with an old compiler? Are you using an old CMSSW? Anyway - your setup is incomplete, you need to set up the GCC that comes with it. Please check with your CMSSW friends!

I had set in a script a reference to an old CMSSW version (architecture slc6_amd64_gcc530). This is now fixed.
:star_struck:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.