GetColumnNames returning duplicates

I am reading a tree and calling a simple Tree.GetColumnNames() produces some entries for branches that look like this,

branch_a
branch_a.branch_a

In the tree, I see only one branch – branch_a. Is there a reason for this and can it be disabled without doing some filtering?

ROOT Version: 21.2.61
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi,
we fixed the known cases in which this happened with https://sft.its.cern.ch/jira/browse/ROOT-9463, in summer 2018. What ROOT version is this with? What does root-config --version return?

If it’s at least v6.16, can you share (even just one event of) the TTree so we can check/debug?

Cheers,
Enrico

root-config --version shows 6.14/08

This is recommended from lsetup on lxplus,

The current recommendation is
         lsetup "root 6.14.04-x86_64-slc6-gcc62-opt"

Hi,
I don’t know lsetup, but this issue should be fixed in v6.16, also available on lxplus.
v6.14 is very old in RDF years (it’s a recent development and it evolved very quickly and very much in the last 2 years), and not all bugfixes made it back.

If you get the chance to try this out on v6.16, and still see duplicate column names, please give us a way to reproduce the issue (e.g. sharing a few events of your TTree) so we can take a look.

Cheers,
Enrico

I did try with 6.16 and it does not create these “duplicates”. So this does indeed appear as a root version issue.

Thanks for the help Enrico,
Dale Abbott

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.