German Keyboard

Hi everyone,
I have the following problem: I cannot type “{” and “}” when using the interactive mode in ROOT. I am using a german keyboard. Is it not yet supported or do I have to change something in my settings?

Thank you

Hi,
which version/OS do you use? Can you write {} in the window before you start Root?
Jiri

SuSE 8.2. I can type it in any other window also on the console of ROOT. I can’t do it in the GUI for TTree (the Viewer)

George

I see similar behavior on SuSE 8.2 with Swedish keyboard and TreeViewer, SetDrawOption, SetMaximum, … and other windows.

The Alt-Gr key modifier (mod5, ISO_Level3_Shift) doesn’t work so it is not possible to type characters like {,[,],},|,… It is possible to use the copy and paste method to insert these character into the input field.

The keys ‘ö’, ‘å’, ‘ä’ also don’t work. The copy and paste method doesn’t work in this case.

The keyboard works OK for other applications.

OK, this seems to be unsupported in GX11Gui.cxx. You want to insert characters via dead-key mechanism. I can reproduce with Czech keymap and similarly to what you describe Mode_switch is ignored.
Jiri

OK, this seems to be unsupported in GX11Gui.cxx. You want to insert characters via dead-key mechanism. I can reproduce with Czech keymap and similarly to what you describe Mode_switch is ignored.
Jiri