Hello,

I cloned the git source code using:

git clone http://root.cern.ch/git/root.git

Then ran

./configure linuxx8664gcc

(I’m using Ubuntu on a 64bit computer),

and then ran make.

After about 2 hours of compilation this pops out:

/opt/root/source/root/hist/hist/src/TH2.cxx: In member function ‘virtual void TH2::FillRandom(const char*, Int_t)’:
/opt/root/source/root/hist/hist/src/TH2.cxx:585:147: error: no matching function for call to ‘TF1::Integral(Double_t, Double_t, Double_t, Double_t)’
          Double_t fint = f1->Integral(fXaxis.GetBinLowEdge(binx), fXaxis.GetBinUpEdge(binx), fYaxis.GetBinLowEdge(biny), fYaxis.GetBinUpEdge(biny));
                                                                                                                                                   ^
/opt/root/source/root/hist/hist/src/TH2.cxx:585:147: note: candidate is:
In file included from include/TF2.h:27:0,
                 from /opt/root/source/root/hist/hist/src/TH2.cxx:17:
include/TF1.h:244:21: note: virtual Double_t TF1::Integral(Double_t, Double_t, Double_t)
    virtual Double_t Integral(Double_t a, Double_t b, Double_t epsrel=1.e-12);
                     ^
include/TF1.h:244:21: note:   candidate expects 3 arguments, 4 provided
make: *** [hist/hist/src/TH2.o] Error 1

Is there a stable version available for download, or maybe this one is and I am doing something wrong?

1 Like

In principle, the trunk must compile. Unfortunately (and you have to understand this) - the trunk is something constantly being updated/changing/mutating. It’s very possible, that you were unlucky to make a git clone at the moment the trunk was broken :slight_smile: So you can try to make a ‘git pull’ again and see if it helps :slight_smile:

If you want to have something more reliable, switch to any official release (5.34 family).

I’ll have a look tomorrow at the trunk on my Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit with g++ 4.8 (on Virtual Box) if you want.

Also, for the future: you have to provide more information - ubuntu version/compiler version.
Talking about some abstract Ubuntu 64 bit and some abstract compiler generating an error is not very helpful.