Fits files

Hi,

I have just installed AstroRoot and I would like to produce a TTree file from a fits file and possibly an image. I really do not know where to start from, unfortunately. Could you please help me ?

Thanks a lot,

Sabrina

Hi,

The program tf2tree can be used to convert a FITS file into ROOT objects. You can find this program at $WORK_ENV/bin/tf2tree as soon as you have installed AstroROOT. The easiest way to start is to call this program and open the associated GUI with

tf2tree --g
Then press the Help button to get the help text of this program.

Cheers Reiner.

Thanks a lot,

Sabrina

The program tf2tree can be used to convert a FITS file into ROOT objects. You can find this program at $WORK_ENV/bin/tf2tree as soon as you have installed AstroROOT. The easiest way to start is to call this program and open the associated GUI with

tf2tree --g

Cheers Reiner.[/quote]

Dear Reiner,

I did what you said and I get the following error message:

RealDoubleImage : Get cfitsio error 108 while reading image from file

Could you please help me to understand what is happening ?
Thanks a lot in advance,

Sabrina

tf2tree --g

Cheers Reiner.[/quote][/quote]

Dear reiner,

I checked in the Cfitsio guide and I found out that error 108 means that tf2tree is unable to read the file. Is this right ? Is it possible that the fits file is corrupted ?
Thanks,
Sabrina

I did what you said and I get the following error message:

RealDoubleImage : Get cfitsio error 108 while reading image from file

Could you please help me to understand what is happening ?
Thanks a lot in advance,

Sabrina

tf2tree --g

Cheers Reiner.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Dear Sabrina,

I guess you can read your file with an other program, for example fv or ds9. Therefore I assume it is a bug in AstroROOT. Please, can you send me yourFITS file. I would be happy to check what is going on in AstroROOT. Please send it directly to me : Reiner.Rohlfs@obs.unige.ch Please also send me the paramters of the tf2tree program you are using.

Next week I’m on vacation. I hope it is not too urgent for you.

Cheers Reiner.

Hi,

I installed ROOT 5.02.00 and AstroROOT . I then tried to produce a Ttree from a fits file. So I ran tf2tree in /root/bin. Apparently I can produce a root file from the fits file but when I try to open the file with ROOT I get this error message:

Attaching file a.root as _file0…
Warning in TClass::TClass: no dictionary for class TFIOElement is available
Warning in TClass::TClass: no dictionary for class TFHeader is available
Warning in TClass::TClass: no dictionary for class TFAttr<bool,BoolFormat> is available
Warning in TClass::TClass: no dictionary for class TFBaseAttr is available
Warning in TClass::TClass: no dictionary for class TFAttr<TString,StringFormat> is available
Warning in TClass::TClass: no dictionary for class TFAttr<double,DoubleFormat> is available
Warning in TClass::TClass: no dictionary for class TFAttr<int,IntFormat> is available

To me it seems to be a problem with the ROOT libraries. I followed completely the installation procedure for AstroROOT as in

isdc.unige.ch/index.cgi?Soft+astroroot

Thanks a lot,

Sabrina