Fit panel sliders

In ROOT version 4.12, I could call a fit panel which showed my user fit function and I would adjust parameters with sliders and then hit “fit”. I then went on to ROOT 4.14. Alas, my nice panel with sliders seems to be gone or I am just unable to invoke it . How do I get it to come up?

denson.javascript:emoticon(’:(’)

Hi,

Are the ROOT versions you are talking about 5.12 and 5.14?

The fit panel interface is available via the context menu - click on a graph or a histogram using the right mouse button and select Fit Panel from the menu. If there is no way to activate the Fit Panel in your case, please tell us more how to reproduce it.

Cheers, Ilka

My mistake, I meant 5.12 and 5.14!!

I do get the context menu, but I do not get my fit function listed on the Fit Panel. Even when I fit my data first, and then bringing up the Fit Panel. I still do not see my fit function listed. There is all the root supplied “gauss”, “polyN” etc.
I tried entering my function manually and then clicking “add”. I then click “fit”, and root says “function is zombie”. The parameter panel also comes up empty.
please help!javascript:emoticon(’:(’)

Hi,

This feature was implemented recently. The used fit function(s) is listed in the combo box in the ROOT version 5.15/04. If you can, use that version.

Cheers, Ilka

Ah, I see!!
Well, I guess I have to spend a few minutes compiling 5.15/04

Thank you very much for your help!javascript:emoticon(’:D’)

cheers,

denson