FFTW not found

When i try to transform data from one histogram into another by:

TH1 *fhist = hist->FFT(0,"MAG R2C M");

it compiles, but when i run my program it goes like this:

Error in TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName: FFTW[.so | .sl | .dl | .a | .dll] does not exist in .:/home/marius/root/lib

Unfortunately, you do not indicate which version of ROORT you are using.
Did you import one of the binaries from the CERN site. If yes, which version, which binary tar ball?

If you installed yourself from source, the libFFTW.so file is built
if the configure command finds the fftw3 package somewhere.
You can specify the location where fftw is installed when configuring with, eg

--with-fftw3-incdir=$HOME/fftw-3.1.1/api \ --with-fftw3-libdir=$HOME/fftw-3.1.1/.libs

Rene

Hm

first i only have root, the 5.15 the newsest non cvs version.
i compiled it from the sources with export ROOTSYS, configure -prefix=/home/marius/root,make,make cintdlls and make install.

when i realized i needed fftw as the error says i downloaded it and did nearly the same, only a different prefix.

[quote]Unfortunately, you do not indicate which version of ROORT you are using.[/quote]What is ROORT? I typing mistake or a needed binary/library/thing ?

are these commands for the root configure or for another one ?

--with-fftw3-incdir=$HOME/fftw-3.1.1/api \
 --with-fftw3-libdir=$HOME/fftw-3.1.1/.libs 

Hi. I had the same problem, but I downloaded and installed the package and do not get this error message any more. However, I now get a new error message:

root [1] gSystem->Load(“libFFTW.so”)
dlopen error: libfftw3.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /usr/local/lib/root/libFFTW.so
(int)(-1)
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

is there something I have forgotten? I am using ROOT version 5.16
Thank You

This indicates that libfftw3.so.3 is not on your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Cheers,
Philippe

Hi,

I also am having problems. My installation was successful but I get the error message:

gSystem->Load("/import/linast16_home/bes/root/lib/libFFTW.so")

dlopen error: /import/linast16_home/bes/root/lib/libFFTW.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /import/linast16_home/bes/root/lib/libFFTW.so
(int)(-1)
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

I have tried re-installing and I always get the same error. I am using v5.14 on FD6.

Regards

Ben

Hi,

This is likely to be a problem induced by SELinux. See ittvis.com/services/techtip.asp?ttid=3092 for hints on how to solve the problem.

Cheers,
Philippe