Failure to load Dynamic link library

I have compiled the ROOT library (ver. 5.34.09) for an arm machine (i.e. a gumstix verdex XL6P running the Angstrom linux distribution (a computer-on-module)) and ROOT appears to launch successfully.
However, when I try to initialize a TCanvas object I encounter the following library error (an example of the TH1F object instantiating correctly is shown for comparison):

[root@wireless ~]

root -b -l
root [0] TCanvas c
dlopen error: root/lib/libRIO.so: undefined symbol: _ZN13TStreamerInfo7CompileEv
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library root/lib/libRIO.so
Error in TCint::AutoLoadCallback: failure loading dependent library libGraf.so for class TCanvas
dlopen error: root/lib/libRIO.so: undefined symbol: _ZN13TStreamerInfo7CompileEv
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library root/lib/libGraf.so
Error in TCint::AutoLoadCallback: failure loading library libGpad.so for class TCanvas
root [1] c
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library root/lib/libGpad.so
Error in TCint::AutoLoadCallback: failure loading library libGpad.so for class TCanvas
(class TCanvas)3616096
root [2] TH1F b
root [3] b
(class TH1F)3757112

These are some notes concerning the compilation and linking of the software. The software was compiled natively except for G__cpp_vector.cxx, TStreamerInfoActions.cxx, TStreamerInfoReadBuffer.cxx, G__Hist.cxx, G__Gui2.cxx, G__Geom1.cxx, G__Smatrix.cxx, TSpectrum2Painter.cxx, G__GenVector.cxx and G__TMVA1.cxx due to memory restrictions (the gumstix only has 128 MB RAM). The software was also linked natively except for libTMVA.so. The non-native compiling and linking was performed by using cross-compilation tools on a X86_64 machine. Linking was performed using ld rather than g++ on the machine since g++ seemed to initiate the default ld rather than the ld for the arm machine. Excecutables pq2, xpdtest and hadd were also produced on the non-native machine using ld by including ‘-shared’ in the linking command.

I do not have much experience dealing with issues involving loading libraries, so please let me know if there is any additional information that I may provide to help solve this issue.

Thank you in advance for any help that you may provide.

[quote]The software was compiled natively except for …[/quote]The missing symbol is defined in TStreamerInfoActions.cxx, so I am guessing that the native and non-native build ended being build with different ‘options’ or something like that (and/or are missing from the library).

Cheers,
Philippe.