Failure loading library libGX11.so

Hi,

I hope anyone can help me. You’ll see, I’ve installed pyroot on Ubuntu 11.04, previously I installed root.

When I do import ROOT everything is good, but when I try to do

from ROOT import TH2D I get this error:

Error in TUnixSystem::Load: version mismatch, /usr/local/lib/root/libGX11.so = 53101, ROOT = 51800
Error in TCint::AutoLoad: failure loading library libGX11.so for class TGX11

*** Break *** segmentation violation
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ROOT.py”, line 340, in __getattr1
self.__finalSetup()
File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ROOT.py”, line 390, in __finalSetup
if c.CreatePyROOTApplication():
SystemError: problem in C++; program state has been reset

if I only do import ROOT and then I do ROOT.TH2D(params)

I get:

dlopen error: libCore.so.5.31: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /usr/local/lib/root/libGX11.so
Error in TCint::AutoLoad: failure loading library libGX11.so for class TGX11
Error in TPluginHandler::SetupCallEnv: class TGX11 not found in plugin GX11
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

*** Break *** segmentation violation
File “/home/rponceaci4/Escritorio/Trabajo/Correlacion/des/curro/importante/ficheros_root_new/pasa_txt_root_otros_cat.py”, line 91, in
proporcion(fichero_entrada1,fichero_salida1,fichero_salida2,num_bin)
File “/home/rponceaci4/Escritorio/Trabajo/Correlacion/des/curro/importante/ficheros_root_new/pasa_txt_root_otros_cat.py”, line 18, in proporcion
muestra=ROOT.TFile(fichero_salida1, ‘RECREATE’)
File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ROOT.py”, line 340, in __getattr1
self.__finalSetup()
File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ROOT.py”, line 390, in __finalSetup
if c.CreatePyROOTApplication():
SystemError: problem in C++; program state has been reset

Well, I’ll be loking forward to any reply.

Thank you in advance.

Rafa

Hi,

looks like you have two versions of root installed, one in /usr/local one in /usr.

Cheers,
Wim

mmm… could be possible. I’ve found a root folder in /usr/local/lib/root/ and another root folder in /usr/lib/root/

I think this trouble comes from when I installed pyroot. Firstly I installed root (ver 5.31) and then I was looking for the lastest version of pyroot and only found pyroot 5.18.

Now the problem is clear but it’s not solved because if I modified my .bashrc writting “export…” to 5.18 version, there are a lot of file who root doesn’t find, (like helvetic font) and if I use 5.31 version I can’t run pyroot.

Any suggestion about How I can procced to solve it.

Thanks again

Hi,

PyROOT is available with both versions. If you downloaded binaries from root.cern.ch, you’ll get them compiled against python2.6, which may be the only issue, given that you run python2.7. But at least on my (Linux) system that still seems to work fine. Otherwise, get the source and recompile against python2.7.

Cheers,
Wim

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Well, I tell you. Finally I get to work pyroot, everything looks good but I have other trouble, realy It’s not important. You’ll see. Now when I write python in a terminal everything is happiness, If I put import ROOT goes good. The trouble is when I try to use any editor like drpython or geany.

If I run drpython I get the same problem… drpython doesn’t find anything. give me this error

/usr/bin/python -u "/home/rponceaci4/Escritorio/borrar.py"
File “/home/rponceaci4/Escritorio/borrar.py”, line 1, in
import ROOT
File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ROOT.py”, line 85, in
import libPyROOT as _root
ImportError: libCore.so.5.31: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and it’s interesting because when I do in a terminal drpython, this works well, but if I run any progam directly in drpython I get the last error… I don’t undertand anything.

I think running any program directly over drpython or load previoulsy drpython and then run a program should be the same but for my computer it’s not the same.

Even… if I create a launcher for drpython I have the same problem but… I don’t know why!!!

This detail is driven me crazy.

Ok… after fight a lot with drpython, I think to know what is the problem. The problem is That drpython is not loading my bashrc, when I have the root path.

I know it because if I delete my bashrc and I run python in terminal, pyroot leave to work and give me the same error than drpython.