Failing to load dll built with VS2012

Hi,

I am having trouble transitioning from VS2011 to VS2012.

I have been running without problems a dll built with VS2011 in ROOT v5.34/14 (installed from the msi installer for Windows built with VS2011).

After switching to VS2012, re-building the dll (with no errors) and attempting to load it via CINT into ROOT v5.34/18 (the msi version built with VS2012), I get the error:

root [0] gSystem->Load(“C:/path/MyCode.dll”)
C:/path/MyCode.dll: (null)Load Error: Failed to load
Dynamic link library C:/path/MyCode.dll
(int)(-1)

I also tried earlier versions of ROOT built with VS2012 and had the same result.

Any idea what may be the problem?

Is there somewhere a list posted of the VS2012 project settings with which the ROOT msi releases are built?

Thanks

Marios

Hi Marios,

[quote=“mak”]I am having trouble transitioning from VS2011 to VS2012.

I have been running without problems a dll built with VS2011 in ROOT v5.34/14 (installed from the msi installer for Windows built with VS2011).[/quote]Well, there is no Visual Studio 2011… There is a VS 2010 (version 10) and a VS 2012 (version 11)…

[quote=“mak”]Any idea what may be the problem?[/quote]No idea, it could be so many things… Without knowing what you do in your code, what are the dependencies, how you build it…

[quote=“mak”]Is there somewhere a list posted of the VS2012 project settings with which the ROOT msi releases are built?[/quote]You can take a look at $ROOTSYS/bin/root-config, the compiler flags are listed in the win32 part of it (depends on Debug/Release build, and you cannot mix both)

Cheers, Bertrand.

Hi Bertrand,

As you probably guessed I meant 2010 in place of 2011.

My code is too large to troubleshoot here, but it would be helpful to know if any compiler flags were changed from v5-34/14 (RELEASE) for VS10 to subsequent ROOT (RELEASE) versions for VS11

Thanks

Marios

[quote=“mak”]My code is too large to troubleshoot here, but it would be helpful to know if any compiler flags were changed from v5-34/14 (RELEASE) for VS10 to subsequent ROOT (RELEASE) versions for VS11[/quote]No, the compilation flags did not change, but it might be that the 5.23.18 release was done with openssl, and this may create some unwanted dependencies. The VS 2012 binaries have been replaced, and if you want, you can try to download and re-install it again…

Cheers, Bertrand.

Thanks, that was it.

Marios