Failed to load dynamic link library

Dear rooters

I’m a green hand on root. I installed root (root_v5.30.02.win32.msi) on windows xp system several weeks ago and it ran correctly. But today errors occur. When I run the tutorial ‘gallery.root’ under the tutorials folder, an “failed to load dynamic link library” error occur (the message was shown in the attached picture). I check the environment variables and the dll files and they are all OK. I tried to uninstall root and re-install again but came out with the same result.

I installed some other software (matlab v6.5 and maybe other, I can’t remember exactly) after the correct run of root. I don’t know whether they have something to do with the errors?

What will be the possible reason for the errors?

Thank you

Hi,

Hard to tell, but this is probably coming from a third party dll (e.g. C++ runtime libraries) that has been changed by the installation of another application…
BTW, do you have a oriental (e.g. chinese) OS, or the oriental characters are only appearing with this error message?

Cheers, Bertrand.

I use the Chinese Version of Windows XP system. The Chinese characters meant that “some program can not be found”.

I tried to uninstalled matlab but still got the error. But I installed root in another computer without matlab software and it ran correctly. So I was wondering whether the matlab installation had changed some system files that are need for root.

[quote=“bellenot”]Hi,

Hard to tell, but this is probably coming from a third party dll (e.g. C++ runtime libraries) that has been changed by the installation of another application…
BTW, do you have a oriental (e.g. chinese) OS, or the oriental characters are only appearing with this error message?

Cheers, Bertrand.[/quote]

Hi,

We unfortunately have not enough information to guess what the incompatibility was. In case this happen again, please let us know.

Cheers,
Philippe.