Failed to install root-6.02.05 on ubuntu14.04(LTS)

For me this output is fine.
I assume you get “/home/coordinator/soft/root-6.02.05/root-6.02.05” if you try:
root-config --prefix

Well, I think I know what the problem can be. It is possible that geant4 cannot stand ROOT configured with “–prefix” -> i.e. I guess you might need to use [url=https://root-forum.cern.ch/t/missing-canvas/17664/17 old-fashioned ROOTSYS based installation method (or the official “Location independent installation” method)[/url].

[quote=“Wile E. Coyote”]For me this output is fine.
I assume you get “/home/coordinator/soft/root-6.02.05/root-6.02.05” if you try:
root-config --prefix

Well, I think I know what the problem can be. It is possible that geant4 cannot stand ROOT configured with “–prefix” -> i.e. I guess you might need to use [url=https://root-forum.cern.ch/t/missing-canvas/17664/17 old-fashioned ROOTSYS based installation method (or the official “Location independent installation” method)[/url].[/quote]
Yes , I get “/home/coordinator/soft/root-6.02.05/root-6.02.05” after I try :
root-config --prefix

But I haven’t yet set “./configure --prefix” . Maybe --prefix has been set to the source folders by default. I think the method I used is “Location independent installation”. I haven’t ran “make install”, too.
Is below the old-fashioned ROOTSYS based installation method?
Should I uninstall root and then reinstall it though I haven’t done “make install”?

cd /Where/I/Unpacked/The/Source/Code/Of/root export ROOTSYS=/Where/I/Want/To/Install/root ./configure [<arch>] (g)make (g)make install
It really makes me confused that Geant4 can find root but can’t find header files of root.

If you set “ROOTSYS” for configure then you must execute “make install” -> in order to “fix” it now, execute (I assume that you built it in “/home/coordinator/soft/root-6.02.05”):
cd /home/coordinator/soft/root-6.02.05
export ROOTSYS=/home/coordinator/soft/root-6.02.05/root-6.02.05
make install

Looking at your “ROOTSYS” string, it seems to me that you try to keep the source code, too. In this case it would be better to build ROOT “in-place” (so “unset ROOTSYS” before running configure):
[root.cern.ch/phpBB3/viewtopic.p … 797#p78797](Trouble Installing
[root.cern.ch/phpBB3/viewtopic.p … 839#p78839](Problem with png of divided canvas in 5-34/19 on Mac