ExRootAnalysis: Error in declaring branchElectron variables

Hi I have the following issue -

Trying to make an executable file

g++ -I. `root-config --libs --cflags` -lRooFitCore -lRooFit -lRooStats -lTMVA -lXMLIO -lTreePlayer -lm -o maini root_root_converter_new.C

g++ -I. `root-config --libs --cflags` -lRooFitCore -lRooFit -lRooStats -lTMVA -lXMLIO -lTreePlayer -lm -o maini root_root_converter_new.C

root_root_converter_new.C: In function ‘int root_root_converter(int, char**)’:
root_root_converter_new.C:127:7: error: ‘Electron’ was not declared in this scope
       Electron *reconele;

The programme I can send to you if needed.
The prog contains this

TClonesArray *branchElectron    = treeReader1->UseBranch("Electron");

Electron *reconele;

Int_t nnele=Int_t(chain1->GetLeaf("Electron_size")->GetValue());
      double maxelpt=0;

for(int j=0; j<nnele; j++)
        {
          reconele=(Electron*) branchElectron->At(j);
          if(!reconele)continue;
//          if(reconele->Charge==-1 || reconele->Charge==1)
          if(reconele->Charge==1)
           {
            ele_pos_charge=reconele->Charge;
            TLorentzVector tmpreconele;
            tmpreconele.SetPtEtaPhiM(reconele->PT,reconele->Eta,reconele->Phi,0.00051);
	    if(tmpreconele.Pt()>maxelpt)
             {
              maxelpt=tmpreconele.Pt();
              //cout<<maxelpt<<endl;
              ele_pos_pt.push_back(tmpreconele.Pt());
              ele_pos_eta.push_back(tmpreconele.Eta());
              ele_pos_phi.push_back(tmpreconele.Phi());
              ele_pos_e.push_back(tmpreconele.E());
             }
           }
        }

Thanks,
Subhasish

Without seeing the full file, I would guess that you’re missing the definition for Electron. Maybe you forgot to include a header or library when you compiled?

1 Like

Dear Svpaulauskas,

Thanks for the reply. I have uploaded my file with this reply. Please check the code. Now I am having something different issue as the following while trying to make an executable out of the code -

g++ -I. root-config --libs --cflags -lRooFitCore -lRooFit -lRooStats -lTMVA -lXMLIO -lTreePlayer -lm -o maini root_root_converter_new.C

The output in the terminal is -

/tmp/ccDFVOEr.o: In function main': root_root_converter_new.C:(.text+0x1e5): undefined reference toExRootTreeReader::ExRootTreeReader(TTree*)’
root_root_converter_new.C:(.text+0x217): undefined reference to ExRootTreeReader::UseBranch(char const*)' root_root_converter_new.C:(.text+0x22c): undefined reference toExRootTreeReader::UseBranch(char const*)’
root_root_converter_new.C:(.text+0x241): undefined reference to ExRootTreeReader::UseBranch(char const*)' root_root_converter_new.C:(.text+0x256): undefined reference toExRootTreeReader::UseBranch(char const*)’
root_root_converter_new.C:(.text+0x26b): undefined reference to ExRootTreeReader::UseBranch(char const*)' /tmp/ccDFVOEr.o:root_root_converter_new.C:(.text+0x280): more undefined references toExRootTreeReader::UseBranch(char const*)’ follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Thanks,
Subhasishroot_root_converter_new.C (7.0 KB)

Hi,

this is expected. There is no library specified for “ExRootTreeReader” in the compilation command. That is not a ROOT class so I cannot really suggest a name, it is more an issue of your setup.

Cheers,
D

if memory serves, ExRootTreeReader is coming with Delphes.
you probably need to link against libDelphes.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.