Errors when running 5.13/05

I upgraded my root installation and now I get the following error messages whenever I run any macro:

Error in <TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName>: ASImage[.so | .sl | .dl | .a | .dll] does not exist in .:/usr/lib/root/5.13
Error in <TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName>: ASImage[.so | .sl | .dl | .a | .dll] does not exist in .:/usr/lib/root/5.13
Error in <TGHScrollBar::TGHScrollBar>: arrow_*.xpm not found
Error in <TGVScrollBar::TGVScrollBar>: arrow_*.xpm not found

Hi,

Please provide details about your environment and how the root version was installed/upgraded (configure parameters, environment settings, the use of .rootrc file etc.). On some platforms those kind of errors were caused by not installed asimage plugin. The error messages you got lead to that reason.

Cheers, Ilka

Hey thanks, I fixed it.

I’m running root on a debian-based system, I used a package management tool called aptitude to install root from:
mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root/ unstable root,
I didn’t realise I had to also install several plugins too.