Errore 1 installing root 5.20

Hi,
I use Linux kubuntu 10.4, gcc version 4.4.3 (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5), g++ (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3
I installed and run successfully root 5.26, but I need to try the version 5.20 and I found some problems.

I installed root 5.20 in the same way I did for the 5.26 doing ./configure and make in a folder in my home

Installing root 5.20 the process stops at…

g++ -O2 -pipe -m32 -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -DG__REGEXP -DG__UNIX -DG__SHAREDLIB -DG__OSFDLL -DG__ROOT -DG__REDIRECTIO -DG__STD_EXCEPTION -DG__HAVE_CONFIG -DG__NOMAKEINFO -DG__CINTBODY -Icint/cint/inc -Icint/cint/src -Icint/cint/src/dict -pthread -I. -o cint/cint/src/Type.o -c cint/cint/src/Type.cxx cint/cint/src/Type.cxx:128:15: error: missing binary operator before token "(" cint/cint/src/Type.cxx:141:15: error: missing binary operator before token "(" make: *** [cint/cint/src/Type.o] Errore 1

I think It should be a compiler versions problem.
Some one can help me to solve this, I think, stupid problem.

Sergio

Hi,

I would not expect v5.20 to be compilable with GCC 4.4. Even if you fix this issue none of the STL dictionaries will get built: we need to port ROOT to new compilers, and obviously 5.20 did not get ported to a (back then) future compiler.

Cheers, Axel.