Error with RDataFrame filter

Hi,

I’m currently trying to use RDataFrame for the first time with an ATLAS xAOD. I’m on lxplus using 6.14.

If I try the following:

df= RDataFrame(“CollectionTree”, “HGamxAOD.root”)

df = df.Filter(“HGamEventInfoAuxDyn.m_yy >= 110000.0”)

I get:

#12 0x00007f48ead02946 in ROOT::Internal::RDF::GetBranchNamesImpl(TTree&, std::set<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::less<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >&, std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >&, std::set<TTree*, std::less<TTree*>, std::allocator<TTree*> >&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&) () from /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/releases/LCG_94/ROOT/6.14.04/x86_64-slc6-gcc62-opt/lib/libROOTDataFrame.so

#13 0x00007f48ead02d60 in ROOT::Internal::RDF::GetBranchNamesabi:cxx11 () from /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/releases/LCG_94/ROOT/6.14.04/x86_64-slc6-gcc62-opt/lib/libROOTDataFrame.so

Do you have any suggestion for me?

Thanks a lot!

Alan
_
_ROOT Version:6.14
_Platform:lxplus
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi Alan,

thanks for reporting. That’s odd. Are you at the prompt? Is this PyROOT?
Is it an option to try LCG95?

Cheers,
D

Hi Danilo,

Thanks for your quick reply and apologies for my slow reply!
This was in pyROOT.

I fixed it by setting up the atlas release, I wasn’t aware it was necessary to do this. Although I now have another problem… I’m trying to skim a dataset with a selection and write out some new variables to a TTree. I found the example and copied it as follows:

"
colNames = ROOT.vector(‘string’)()
colNames.push_back(“myy”)
colNames.push_back(“mjj”)
colNames.push_back(“weight”)

dOut.Snapshot(“newtree”, “newfile.root”,colNames)
"

but I get the error:
ROOT::RDF::RResultPtr<ROOT::RDF::RInterface<ROOT::Detail::RDF::RLoopManager,void> > ROOT::RDF::RInterface<ROOT::Detail::RDF::RJittedFilter,void>::Snapshot(experimental::basic_string_view<char,char_traits<char> > treename, experimental::basic_string_view<char,char_traits<char> > filename, const vector<string>& columnList, const ROOT::RDF::RSnapshotOptions& options = ROOT::RDF::RSnapshotOptions()) =>

Am I correct in thinking this is due to the atlas release using root 6.14.08?

Thanks again!
Alan

Hi Alan,

I missed the post, apologies.
How can I reproduce the problem? Can you share a python script which exibit the same behaviour?

Cheers,
D

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.