Error with MakeProject

Dear rooters,
I get the following error message when trying to execute MakeProject:

root [0] TFile f("testWritePersistency.root") ; Warning in <TClass::TClass>: no dictionary for class HManager2 is available root [1] f.MakeProject("lib","*","recreate++") ; MakeProject has generated 1 classes in lib lib/MAKE file has been generated sh: line 1: MAKE: command not found Error in <TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName>: lib/lib.so does not exist in .:/home/local/root-4.04/lib/root:/usr/local/root/lib/root

The [color=red]lib[/color] library has been correctly created as well as the [color=red]MAKE[/color] file.

In particular the [color=red]MAKE[/color] file contains the following:

rootcint -f libProjectDict.cxx -c -I/home/local/root-4.04/include/root -I"/home/local/root-4.04/include/root" HManager2.h LinkDef.h cd . ; g++ -c $Opt -pipe -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -DHAVE_CONFIG -pthread -I/home/local/root-4.04/include/root -I"/home/local/root-4.04/include/root" -Ilib libProjectDict.cxx ; g++ libProjectDict.o -shared -Wl,-soname,lib.so -O /home/local/root-4.04/lib/root/libGX11.so /home/local/root-4.04/lib/root/libGui.so /home/local/root-4.04/lib/root/libGX11TTF.so /home/local/root-4.04/lib/root/libMinuit.so /home/local/root-4.04/lib/root/libPostscript.so /home/local/root-4.04/lib/root/libHtml.so /usr/local/root/lib/root/libCore.so /usr/local/root/lib/root/libCint.so /usr/local/root/lib/root/libHist.so /usr/local/root/lib/root/libGraf.so /usr/local/root/lib/root/libGraf3d.so /usr/local/root/lib/root/libGpad.so /usr/local/root/lib/root/libTree.so /usr/local/root/lib/root/libMatrix.so /usr/local/root/lib/root/libRint.so -o lib.so
Any suggestion? Thanks, Dario

Hi,

I can not reproduce this problem.
What is the result of

what is the result of doing

Philippe

[quote=“pcanal”]Hi,

I can not reproduce this problem.
What is the result of

what is the result of doing

Philippe[/quote]

Of course the lib directory has been created as well as the MAKE file.

cd lib; ./MAKE works, but the created dynamic library is named [color=blue]lib.so[/color] (instead of, I guess, [color=blue]libProjectDict.so[/color]).

I suspect this has something to do with the [color=red]$Opt[/color] variable in the [color=blue]MAKE[/color] file
which has never been given a value.

Dario

Hi,

We still do not know why in your case you get:

[quote] works, but the created dynamic library is named lib.so (instead of, I guess, libProjectDict.so). [/quote]lib.so is the expected name!

[quote]I suspect this has something to do with the $Opt variable in the MAKE file
which has never been given a value. [/quote]We should indeed update the script generation. However this should not make any difference (beside the optimization level).

Philippe