Error while writing large no of events in root file

Hello all,

I am filling a root file with 50000 events. But after reading ~24k events it gives me error saying

[quote]
Fill: Switching to new file: /eos/uscms/store/user/rasharma/WlWl_wpHadwmLep_NoptEtaCut_1.root
*** glibc detected *** ./anaPhantom: free(): invalid pointer: 0x00007fff9ecaeb50 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib64/libc.so.6[0x3124275e66][/quote]
If you want to see full error then you can get it here Error_in_writing_Root_File.txt (21.2 KB)
please let me know what should I do.

Thanks in advance.

with regards,
Ram

Hi Ram,

hard to say.
There is a segfault which occurred and there is a segfault. It could be in your analysis code. Did you try to run your program in gdb?

Danilo

Dear Danilo,

Thanks for reply.

I never used gdb. But I tried it using google. And I could not found any thing special from the output of the compiler. you can have a look at full error here: Error_in_writing_Root_File_GDB.txt (9.27 KB)

with regards,
Ram

sorry but it is hard to detect the problem with this information.
Did you try to download the LHE files locally and process them? Can you run over them with an already existing analyser, say, coming from DQM? Can you reproduce the issue in a small program/macro?

Dear Danilo,

when I run this over say 24000 events then it does not give me error. It gives me error only if I run it over 25000 or more. I think it is related with the size of root file. Because with 24k events size of root file ~94Gb.

Hi Ram,

did you try to process the files locally, i.e. not reading them from eos?
Did you try to read any other two files?
Can you prove your ansazt with a reproducer?