Error Using ACLiC With Version 5.14.00d

Hello,

I have seen some strange behaviour when trying to use ACLiC with ROOT version 5.14.00d. I was trying to compile a macro I had written, but kept seeing the same strange error message (see below) no matter what I did.
So then I decided to write a trivial macro which just has a cout statement ( see attachment) to try to see where the problem was. But even this wouldn’t compile, and gave the same error as before!

The error message I always got was

root [0] .L PlotBranch.C+
Info in TUnixSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library /afs/cern.ch/user/l/lcarson/cmtuser/DaVinci_v19r2/Phys/DaVinci/v19r2/job/./PlotBranch_C.so
/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/root/5.14.00d/slc4_ia32_gcc34/root/lib/libGX11.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Error in : Compilation failed!
root [1]

However, when I changed to ROOT version 5.14.00h (just by changing ROOTSYS, PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH), it compiles okay and makes the library file!

So I am wondering if this is a bug, or is it perhaps something weird in my environment?

Thanks,

Laurence
PlotBranch.C (479 Bytes)

I do not see any problem with this simple file.
You must have a mismatch between your PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH when using 5.14.00d. Or it could be that you try to use a version of ROOT compiled in 32 bits mode on a 64 bits machine or vice-versa.

Rene