Error: unrecognized language construct

Hi!
I have this error when i load a particular script in root. The script then works normally, but it takes some time every time i load it to show these errors. What’s that?
utrecht.txt (64.4 KB)
Thank you very much

It seems to mean that you are trying to load a file than use #include that require c++11 (there is likely a #include ). v5.34 does not support C++11. You will need to move to v6.

Cheers,
Philippe.

This seems a really bad news since i am on scientific linux 6, since it is not possible to upgrade, right? :frowning:

It is possible to upgrade. You will ‘just’ need to also install a newer version of the compiler. (Alternatively you would need to restrict to using C++98 compliant code).

Cheers,
Philippe.

Wow, i installed that and also python 2.7 as alternate install ( i run it through python2.7). However when i run cmake config it keeps saying i need python >=2.7

[...]
-- ROOT Platform: linux
-- ROOT Architecture: linuxx8664gcc
-- Build Type: RelWithDebInfo
-- Compiler Flags:  -pipe -m64  -Wshadow -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fsigned-char -fPIC -pthread -std=c++11 -O2 -g -DNDEBUG
-- Looking for ZLib
-- Looking for Freetype
-- Looking for PCRE
-- Looking for LZMA
-- Found LZMA includes at /usr/include
-- Found LZMA library at /usr/lib64/liblzma.so
-- Looking for X11
-- Could NOT find GIF (missing:  GIF_LIBRARY GIF_INCLUDE_DIR) 
-- Could NOT find TIFF (missing:  TIFF_LIBRARY TIFF_INCLUDE_DIR) 
-- Could NOT find JPEG (missing:  JPEG_LIBRARY JPEG_INCLUDE_DIR) 
-- Building AfterImage library included in ROOT itself
-- Looking for GSL
-- Looking for Python
-- Found Python interpreter version 2.6
-- Found PythonLibs: /usr/lib64/libpython2.6.so  
-- Looking for OpenGL
-- Looking for Graphviz
-- Looking for Bonjour
-- Checking whether Bonjour/Avahi is supported
-- Looking for Kerberos 5
-- Looking for LibXml2
-- Looking for OpenSSL
-- Looking for MySQL
-- Looking for FFTW3
-- Looking for CFITSIO
-- Found CFITSIO version: 3.24
-- Looking for BLAS for optional parts of TMVA
-- Enabled support for:  asimage astiff bonjour builtin_afterimage builtin_ftgl builtin_gl2ps builtin_glew builtin_unuran builtin_llvm cxx11 cling exceptions explicitlink fftw3 fitsio fortran gviz genvector krb5 mathmore memstat mysql opengl pch python shadowpw shared ssl thread tmva vdt xft xml x11
-- Target triple: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
-- Native target architecture is X86
-- Threads disabled.
-- Doxygen disabled.
-- Sphinx disabled.
-- Go bindings enabled.
-- Could NOT find OCaml (missing:  OCAMLFIND OCAML_VERSION OCAML_STDLIB_PATH) 
-- Could NOT find OCaml (missing:  OCAMLFIND OCAML_VERSION OCAML_STDLIB_PATH) 
-- OCaml bindings disabled.
-- Building with -fPIC
CMake Error at interpreter/llvm/src/CMakeLists.txt:485 (message):
  Python 2.7 or newer is required

Did you start from a fresh/empty build directory (cmake tend to remember previous choice)?

Ok, it does work with root 6, but now i have a bigger problem!
Each time i run for the first time since i load the code a function from a script, i get this error

root [6] Cs_fit()
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZNKSt9basic_iosIcSt11char_traitsIcEEcvbEv' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!
You are probably missing the definition of std::basic_ios<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator bool() const
Maybe you need to load the corresponding shared library?
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZSt34__uninitialized_move_if_noexcept_aIPiS0_SaIiEET0_T_S3_S2_RT1_' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!
You are probably missing the definition of int* std::__uninitialized_move_if_noexcept_a<int*, int*, std::allocator<int> >(int*, int*, int*, std::allocator<int>&)
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZSt7forwardIRKfEOT_RNSt16remove_referenceIS2_E4typeE' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!
You are probably missing the definition of float const&&& std::forward<float const&>(std::remove_reference<float const&>::type&)
root [7] Cs_fit()

If i call the function again it will work. How to solve?
Thank you

Which version of ROOT v6 did you select?

I downloaded and compiled producing version Release 6.08/06 - 2017-03-02

Which compiler did you use? DevToolSet? That doesn’t work with ROOT6. Please use GCC >=5 from EPEL.

Note that in principle the mismatch between SLC6 and C++11 is intrinsic (SLC6 is too old) and has nothing to do with ROOT. We’re just both suffering from the same issue :slight_smile:

Yes i am using devtoolset6. How to force to use that compiler?

I tried to compile gcc 5 from epel but it won’t compile because of an error. What is definetly the easiest way to get root 6 running on scientific linux 6.9?

What is the error with gcc5 ?

I am not able to install gcc5. I tried to compile it from source but i was not able to do that

The easiest is to install GCC from EPEL. I don’t see where this involves building it. See e.g. the “RHEL 6 / 64bit” part in:
https://www.tecmint.com/how-to-enable-epel-repository-for-rhel-centos-6-5/

Unless you’re not root (i.e. the superuser)? Then indeed, you’d have to build it yourself. If that fails you should ask Google providing the error message; if you cannot find an answer please ask here (again, providing the error message).

Thank you for your reply. It seems that epel repository is already installed, but only available version is gcc 4.4.7

bash: cd: Desktop/jupiter/: No such file or directory
>Боголю́бов@/home/sfera/Desktop/jupiter$ su
Password: 
>Боголю́бов@/home/sfera/Desktop/jupiter$  yum --enablerepo=epel install gcc
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Repository 'nilarimogard_webupd8': Error parsing config: Error parsing "baseurl = 'ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8'": URL must be http, ftp, file or https not "ppa"
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * epel: pkg.adfinis-sygroup.ch
 * sl: ftp1.scientificlinux.org
 * sl-security: ftp1.scientificlinux.org
 * sl6x: ftp1.scientificlinux.org
 * sl6x-security: ftp1.scientificlinux.org
Package gcc-4.4.7-18.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
>Боголю́бов@/home/sfera/Desktop/jupiter$ 

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

But that’s GCC 4.4.7 - which is very old! EPEL must have some more recent GCC?