ERROR:undefined reference to `TCanvasImp::ShowMembers

I tried to compile the program .This program has been executed successfully on other’s computer.However ,when i tried,it didn’t work.The result is:

[quote]root [3] .make
g++ /home/jxd/ampt/obj/analysis.o /home/jxd/ampt/obj/AMPT.o -L/home/jxd/root/lib -lCore -lCint -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lMathCore -lThread -pthread -lm -ldl -rdynamic -L/home/jxd/root/lib -lCore -lCint -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lMathCore -lThread -lGui -pthread -lm -ldl -rdynamic -o /home/jxd/ampt/bin/analysis
/home/jxd/ampt/obj/analysis.o:(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTV10TCanvasImp+0x74): [color=#FF0000]undefined reference to `TCanvasImp::ShowMembers(TMemberInspector&, char*)’[/color][/quote]
Who can help me ? Thanks!

Hi

This symbol is part of libCore which you already listed (-lCore) so I suspect there is an installation problem (either libCore was not fully build or you analysis.o was build with a difference version of ROOT and/or the g++).

Cheers,
Philippe.

[quote=“pcanal”]Hi

This symbol is part of libCore which you already listed (-lCore) so I suspect there is an installation problem (either libCore was not fully build or you analysis.o was build with a difference version of ROOT and/or the g++).

Cheers,
Philippe.[/quote]
I think ,perhaps,the problem is the analysis.o was built with a diffrence version of ROOT,because i installed the newest version of ROOT.However,cannot the newer version be compatible with older one? It’s hard for me to change the program ,but it seems that the old version cannot be installed under the new systerm.

[quote]However,cannot the newer version be compatible with older one?[/quote]Well, that depends on what you mean. We currently do not support binary compatibility (as it is actually quite onerous) but in almost all cases ROOT is source level backward compatible. So you should just have to recompile the file analysis.cc and AMPT.cc. (i.e. it may be as simple as deleting analysis.o and AMPT.o and re-running your make).

Cheers,
Philippe.