Error: ~tm() header declared but not defined?

Hi list

I have a problem with a script I wrote. Every time I run it for the first time in a root session, I get a “segmentation fault” and “generating stack trace”. If I then reload it, it says: Error: ~tm() header declared but not defined, but then it works if I run it! So, why is it complaining about this tm destructor (which is NOT part of my program), and what can I do about it?

I realise that this is a fuzzy question, but I got to try…

Hi,
what’s your root version? Please post the script you’re trying to run.
Axel.

root 4.00/08

The script crashes when a function is trying to assign an ULL-value to a ULong64_t parameter. Something like below. It works fine if I remove the ULL and assign a smaller value. But as I said in the first post, after I have reload the program it works, but it would be fine to get it to work the first time it is run… (it will be run automaticly in the future so it is infact crucial)

func(ULong64_t *kruppointer)
{
*kruppointer = 10000000000ULL;
}

main()
{
ULong64_t krupp;
func(&krupp);
}

thanks
Petter

Hi,
I need all info necessary to reproduce this. What’s your operating system, compiler, how do you run this “script”? It has a main() function, so I assume you build it as an external program? What’s the Makefile / what are the build command lines? Please answer all questions.
Axel.

Hi,

Many issues related to ULong64_t and Long64_t have solved since ROOT 4.00/08. Please try your example with ROOT 5/04.00.

Cheers,
Philippe.