Error:ReadRaw: Failed to read header

Hello all,

I am getting a strange error [1]. It should exit after the line “===== OUTPUTS ======”, but after that I don’t know why it is giving message of “Xrd: XrdClientMessage::ReadRaw: Failed to read header (8 bytes).” and stucks. But the same code is working with different two ntuples but with one of ntuples it is showing this problem again and again. If I use “CTRL+C” to exit then output root file does not contains any information.

Do you have idea why this is happening?

[1]
total entries: 26370048
MediumPassEle: 7279592
Pt and Eta Pass ele: 6809985
lepton eff: 6431670
met eff: 4589742
Jet pt & eta : 4588900
Jet loose ID: 4184863
Jet Cleaning: 1692021
Events >=4Jet: 0
VBF Jet found: 0
VBF Jet found No B-tagged: 0
Wjet found: 0
Wjet found No B-tagged: 0
=========================== OUTPUTS ==========================
151103 12:49:49 3750 Xrd: XrdClientMessage::ReadRaw: Failed to read header (8 bytes).
151103 12:49:49 2925 Xrd: XrdClientMessage::ReadRaw: Failed to read header (8 bytes).
151103 12:50:19 4420 Xrd: XrdClientMessage::ReadRaw: Failed to read header (8 bytes).
151103 12:50:19 4532 Xrd: XrdClientMessage::ReadRaw: Failed to read header (8 bytes).
151103 12:50:19 3979 Xrd: XrdClientMessage::ReadRaw: Failed to read header (8 bytes).

Hi,

it is hard to understand what is going on.
The answer to these questions will help:
What are you running?
Which version of ROOT?
What file are you reading?
Is there a difference between the ntuples that work and the ones that do not?

Danilo

Hi Danilo,

Is there any upper limit on the size of output root file that a root macro can write?

Because my macro has many input root file so when I splitted the input root files into two parts and run them separately then it worked and finally I merged the two using hadd command.

So, this is suggesting that there is some upper limit on the size of output root file using macro. What do you think?

With regards,
Ram

Hi Ram,

I don’t think so.
I am having a hard time in figuring out how this could be related to the read issue we discussed in the previous posts: is your problem solved?

Cheers,
Danilo

Dear Danilo,

Yes, my problem solved if I run them twice (if I have total of n root files then in one go I took only n/2 files), and finally merge the two.

But, If I try to run them in one go then it is showing the same problem.

But, yes for the time being it is solved.

with regards,
Ram

Hi ram,

With the current information I cannot help you further. If it is still relevant for you, you can go through the questions I asked previously in this thread.

Danilo