Error messages from rootbrowse when looking at example file

I’m attempting to load an example file I found with TEve objects into rootbrowse. I get a number of errors like this, and ROOT isn’t able to display the objects:

Press enter to exit.TClass::Init:0: RuntimeWarning: no dictionary for class TEvePointSet is available
TClass::Init:0: RuntimeWarning: no dictionary for class TEveElement is available
TClass::Init:0: RuntimeWarning: no dictionary for class TEvePointSelectorConsumer is available
TClass::Init:0: RuntimeWarning: no dictionary for class TEveProjectable is available
TClass::Init:0: RuntimeWarning: no dictionary for class TEveTrack is available
TClass::Init:0: RuntimeWarning: no dictionary for class TEveLine is available
(TFile *) 0x7f4f4000f090
Error in <TBufferFile::ReadObject>: trying to read an emulated class (TEveTrack) to store in a compiled pointer (TObject)
[etc.]

I’m using ROOT 6.18/04 on WSL2 with Ubuntu 20.04, and the ROOT lib dir has been added LOAD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Is this expected behavior or can I fix it somehow?

EDIT: The Eve examples seem to have similar problems with missing classes. Maybe I am missing a CMake flag to enable Eve when configuring, but I did not see anything in the options for it.

Hello @jeremym,

indeed, Eve is missing in your root. It gets enabled with opengl. Here is a list of build options for the latest ROOT:

Check if your ROOT installation directory has:
lib/libEve.so

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.