Error loading PCM file libNet_rdict.pcm in ROOT 6.24.06 installation

ROOT Version: 6.24.06
Platform: Linux
Compiler: CMAKE

Hello ROOT Community,

I am encountering an issue with my ROOT 6.24.06 installation on Ubuntu 22.04. When I attempt to use a program associated with ROOT, I receive the following error message:

“Error in [TCling::LoadPCM]: ROOT PCM /home/bharat/root-6.24.06/obj/lib/libNet_rdict.pcm file does not exist.”

Upon investigation, I found that there are no rdict.pcm files present in any of the ROOT directories. I have set up ROOT using CMAKE as my compiler.

Could anyone kindly provide insights into why I might be facing this issue and how I can resolve it? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bharat Kharpuse

Welcome to the ROOT Forum!
My first question is: why do you want to build from source? Why not downloading a binary for you Linux distro?

Thank you for your response. In my case, I don’t have a strong justification for that decision. I’m a new student within a research group, and based on my college’s guidance, I’ve been advised to utilise the source code instead of opting for pre-compiled binaries.

Can you try to use a pre-built binary?

Yeah sure, I will do that and I will inform here whether it worked for me or not.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.