Error loading library libMathMore

Hi all.
I’m getting a run-time error with the latest ROOT version 5.28.00 on my Mac 10.6.6.
It appears to occur when I call TH1D::Fit(TF1* ,“LRSI”," ", myMin, myMax)

The error I get is:

dlopen error: dlopen(/Users/adam/softwareDev/root/v5.28.00/lib/libMathMore.so, 9): Symbol not found: _gsl_interp_akima
Referenced from: /Users/adam/softwareDev/root/v5.28.00/lib/libMathMore.so
Expected in: flat namespace
in /Users/adam/softwareDev/root/v5.28.00/lib/libMathMore.so
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /Users/adam/softwareDev/root/v5.28.00/lib/libMathMore.so
Error in TCint::AutoLoad: failure loading library libMathMore.so for class ROOT::Math::GSLIntegrator
Error in TPluginHandler::SetupCallEnv: class ROOT::Math::GSLIntegrator not found in plugin MathMore
Assertion failed: (ig != 0), function CreateIntegrator, file /Users/adam/softwareDev/root/v5.28.00/math/mathcore/src/Integrator.cxx, line 167.

Anybody else see this problem?

Oh… after some testing, it only breaks when I use the “I” option. That’s an I, as in “eye”, as in Integral.

There doesn’t seem to be a problem on a nearby linux machine with root 5.28.

Hi,

If MathMore is available is used in computing the integral when fitting.
Your build is not fully consistent. You have probably build MathMore with the shared GSL library (when by default the statis is used). Either add the location of GSL to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or re-build using the static lib (in this case GSL might need to be compiled with --fPIC. See for example savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?32206 )
Otherwise, if you don’t care about MathMore, re-configure ROOT with --disable-mathmore

Lorenzo