Error in <TCling::RegisterModule>: cannot find dictionary module xxx_rdict.pcm

Hello,

I am using ROOT 6.18/00, and although I have placed the path to the “.pcm” file in LD_LIBRARY_PATH and have checked that the “.so” and “.rootmap” files are in the same directory, I am getting the following runtime error:

Error in <TCling::RegisterModule>: cannot find dictionary module xxx_rdict.pcm

Please help!

Cheers,
Jackie

Hi @jrblaum,
and welcome to the ROOT forum!

This being an issue with ROOT modules, I think @vvassilev or @Axel are our best bet.

Cheers,
Enrico

EDIT:
it would probably help a lot if you could provide a minimal reproducer or a step-by-step recipe to reproduce the problem on our side.

(does this other post help?)

Can you tell us what is the name of the library? Maybe the names of the rdict and the library name mismatch?

Sure, the names are libVAMaximumLikelihood.so and libVAMaximumLikelihood_rdict.pcm. I should also point out that I was not having this problem using an older version of ROOT (6.10/08), and I’m using CMake 3.16.2.

The recent versions of ROOT enforced more consistency as rdict.pcm files could be picked up from the wrong places.

Could you run your failing example with ROOTDEBUG=8 env variable and attach the log?

logRootDebug8_pcmError.txt (1.2 MB)

Thanks!

Did you forward the stderr to stdout?

Looks like ROOT crashed just before issuing the error you saw the first time.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.