Error in <ROOT::Math::Minimizer::Hesse>: Hesse not implemented

Dear ROOT community,

I’m very new to root and I’m not sure if this question belongs here, if not, please advise me where to post it.
I installed root successfully by setting the environment variables and configuring with enabled minuit2. I’m using software, written by others which are based on root and when I run the needed script I get the following errors:

Error in <ROOT::Math::Minimizer::Hesse>: Hesse not implemented Error in <ROOT::Math::Minimizer::GetMinosError>: Minos Error not implemented Error in <ROOT::Math::Minimizer::GetMinosError>: Minos Error not implemented Error in <ROOT::Math::Minimizer::Hesse>: Hesse not implemented Error in <ROOT::Math::Minimizer::GetMinosError>: Minos Error not implemented Error in <ROOT::Math::Minimizer::GetMinosError>: Minos Error not implemented

This goes on until I stop it manually. Googleling didn’t help anymore. Now I’m not sure if I missed something in the installation or of this is specific for the script. If it’s specific to the script I have the feeling, that I must just add a few lines which implement Hesse and Minos, but I trust the people which wrote it and the software should work for all root versions up to 5.34.36 (which I have installed). Hence, I was hoping that I don’t need to hack the code.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Which minimiser are you using ? Maybe something from GSL ?
Minuit and Minuit both implement Hesse, so you should not get this message if you are using them

Best Regards

Lorenzo

Hi,
I am using a minimizer that is called “Genetic”. Does that tell you anything?

Hi,

Yes this is a genetic minimiser , a stochastic minimisation and does not use derivatives and it does not implement Hesse. If you need to use Hesse, you should use Minuit or Minuit2, you can use it after using the genetic minimizer

Best Regards

Lorenzo

Hi,

Thank you very much! Now it works!