Error in compiling a macro file

Hello,

I have a macro. C file that I run in my desktop and everything is ok. When I try to run it in lxplus an error appears in one of the include files:
~/CMSSW_8_0_13/src/ScaleFactor.h:27:29: error:
variable-sized object may not be initialized
double AXISBINS [NPOINTS+1] = {};

I change the: int NPOINTS to static const int NPOINTS but the problem still there? Do anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your time!

Best
Demetra

try with a constexpr.

Either use (if you need to resize or if you cannot calculate the size at compile time):

std::vector<Double_t> AXISBINS(NPOINTS+1);

or use the std::array type + (constexpr as suggested by pcanal):

constexpr auto NPOINTS = 42; // or whatever value
std::array<Double_t, NPOINTS+1> AXISBINS = {}; // remove the ={} if you dont need initialization to zero

or use a C style array

constexpr auto NPOINTS = 42; // or whatever value
Double_t AXISBINS[NPOINTS+1] = {};

I would suggest not to use the C style array - it is very convenient to have a .size() function!

Hello dear Behrenhoff,

Thank you very much for the quick response. Doing the changes you told me the error disappear but appear others. To be more specific I had the same problem, the same error had been appeared and when I ran my macro file in my desktop (Not in cms environment). The problem had been solved when I execute the macro file by writing: .L mymacrofile.C+ instead of writting .L mymacroflie.C. So I think the problem have to do with the way I execute my macrofile.C in the cms environment. I don’t know other way to execute my macro. Why the cmsenv is different than my environment?

Thank you very much for your time!
Best
Demetra

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.