ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths! in Ubuntu20

I worked with Root with no issues for a couple of weeks untill an update of Ubuntu20. Since the update every time I try to launch a program including ROOT functions (specifically TGraphErrrors) i get the error in the title. The complete text of the error reads as it follows:

ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!

Invoking:

LC_ALL=C x86_64-linux-gnu-g++-9   -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 | sed -n -e '/^.include/,${' -e '/^ \/.*++/p' -e '}'

Compiling the .cpp source code shows no error or problem, the issue pops up only at the moment of executing the builded program.

The sequence of command that produce the error are:

thisroot.sh
c++ file_name.cpp `root-config --cflags --glibs` -o file_name
./file_name

ROOT Version: 6.26.00
Platform: Ubuntu
Compiler: gcc

I bet there’s no more x86_64-linux-gnu-g++-9 on your computer. Was that an upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04? We will be providing binaries hopefully still this week.

Thanks! I just checked and that was the problem. I will wait for the new version. Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.