ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!

Hello,
I am trying to install ROOT v6.12.04on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 and it gives me the following error related to Cling. I have re accepted the XCode license as well, still gives the same error.

ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!
Invoking:
  LC_ALL=C /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/c++   -O2 -DNDEBUG -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 >/dev/null | awk '/^#include </,/^End of search/{if (!/^#include </ && !/^End of search/){ print }}' | GREP_OPTIONS= grep -E "(c|g)\+\+"
Results was:
With exit code 256
input_line_1:1:10: fatal error: 'new' file not found
#include <new>
         ^~~~~
input_line_3:36:10: fatal error: 'string' file not found
#include <string>

Any help is appreciated !

What’s the output of

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/c++ -O2 -DNDEBUG -xc++ -E -v /dev/null

?

Hi Axel,
Extremely sorry for the late reply. .Following is the output -
-bash:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/c++: No such file or directory

Let me know if that helps to solve this error.
Thank you
Best,
Shreya

Hi Axel,
So I moved my XCode.app to my Applications folder and ran the same command as before and following is the output -

Apple LLVM version 9.0.0 (clang-900.0.38)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin
 "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang" -cc1 -triple x86_64-apple-macosx10.12.0 -Wdeprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -E -disable-free -disable-llvm-verifier -discard-value-names -main-file-name null -mrelocation-model pic -pic-level 2 -mthread-model posix -mdisable-fp-elim -fno-strict-return -masm-verbose -munwind-tables -target-cpu penryn -target-linker-version 302.3.1 -v -dwarf-column-info -debugger-tuning=lldb -resource-dir /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/9.0.0 -D NDEBUG -stdlib=libc++ -O2 -fdeprecated-macro -fdebug-compilation-dir /Applications -ferror-limit 19 -fmessage-length 115 -stack-protector 1 -fblocks -fobjc-runtime=macosx-10.12.0 -fencode-extended-block-signature -fcxx-exceptions -fexceptions -fmax-type-align=16 -fdiagnostics-show-option -fcolor-diagnostics -vectorize-loops -vectorize-slp -o - -x c++ /dev/null
clang -cc1 version 9.0.0 (clang-900.0.38) default target x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0
ignoring nonexistent directory "/usr/include/c++/v1"
ignoring nonexistent directory "/usr/local/include"
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1
 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/9.0.0/include
 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include
 /usr/include
 /System/Library/Frameworks (framework directory)
 /Library/Frameworks (framework directory)
End of search list.
# 1 "/dev/null"
# 1 "<built-in>" 1
# 1 "<built-in>" 3
# 342 "<built-in>" 3
# 1 "<command line>" 1
# 1 "<built-in>" 2
# 1 "/dev/null" 2

Hi Alex,
I just moved the XCode.app to the same place where I have the Root folder, It works well now !
Thank you.

Best,
Shreya

Moving Xcode to the Applications folder should have done the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.