Error executing ROOT6 on MacOSX 10.11

Dear experts,

I’ve got a problem executing root6 when finishing installing it (using git root) on MacOSX 10.11
Here is what I did:

git clone http://root.cern.ch/git/root.git
cd root/
./configure --prefix=/Users/myname/root
make -j3
make install

then when executing:

dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/myname/root/lib/root/libCore.so
  Referenced from: /Users/myname/root/bin/root.exe
  Reason: image not found

Btw,
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/myname/root/lib
didn’t help.

Any solution?
Many thanks.

Use the CMake build. root.cern.ch/building-root

Thanks, Mato.
Good to see another solution. However, I don’t have cmake available on my laptop.
Would there be any other workaround? (using the traditional approach for the installation?)
Many thanks.

Installing CMake in your laptop is only a few clicks away.
The classic configure/make is not actively maintained and will probably be discontinued at some point. New features and new platforms are only being developed within the new CMake based build system.

Hi,

OTOH configure is known to still work. What’s in /Users/myname/root/lib/ and /Users/myname/root/lib/root/ - what does ls say?

Cheers, Axel.

[quote=“Axel”]Hi,

OTOH configure is known to still work. What’s in /Users/myname/root/lib/ and /Users/myname/root/lib/root/ - what does ls say?

Cheers, Axel.[/quote]

Hi Axel,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
In the end, Mato’s recommended cmake approach did work out. Thanks a lot to Mato!
The /Users/myname/root/lib/ and /Users/myname/root/lib/root/ were erased when I made the switch to cmake. Sorry about that :frowning:
I will let you know if I happen to run the normal make install and had the same problem again in the future :slight_smile:
Thank you all the same!