Error during the installation of ROOT_V5.16.00(missing -lXf)

Hello !
I was trying to compile ROOT_V5.16.00 with gcc3.2.3 on UBUNTU dapper.
I followed the steps on the user guide, and when I started make,
it worked correctly for while, and the following error message appeared:

==> lib/libCore.so done
g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libFTGL.so -m32 -O2 -o lib/libFTGL.so ftgl/src/FTBitmapGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTCharmap.o ftgl/src/FTContour.o ftgl/src/FTExtrdGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTFace.o ftgl/src/FTFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLBitmapFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLExtrdFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLOutlineFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLPixmapFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLPolygonFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLTextureFont.o ftgl/src/FTGlyphContainer.o ftgl/src/FTGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTLibrary.o ftgl/src/FTOutlineGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTPixmapGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTPoint.o ftgl/src/FTPolyGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTSize.o ftgl/src/FTTextureGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.o lib/libfreetype.a -lXpm -lXext -lX11 -lXft -lGLU -lGL -lX11 -lm
[color=red]/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXft[/color]
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [lib/libFTGL.so] Error 1

where can I have the -lXft and how to install it ?

[quote=“papajean”]Hello !
I was trying to compile ROOT_V5.16.00 with gcc3.2.3 on UBUNTU dapper.
I followed the steps on the user guide, and when I started make,
it worked correctly for while, and the following error message appeared:

==> lib/libCore.so done
g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libFTGL.so -m32 -O2 -o lib/libFTGL.so ftgl/src/FTBitmapGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTCharmap.o ftgl/src/FTContour.o ftgl/src/FTExtrdGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTFace.o ftgl/src/FTFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLBitmapFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLExtrdFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLOutlineFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLPixmapFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLPolygonFont.o ftgl/src/FTGLTextureFont.o ftgl/src/FTGlyphContainer.o ftgl/src/FTGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTLibrary.o ftgl/src/FTOutlineGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTPixmapGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTPoint.o ftgl/src/FTPolyGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTSize.o ftgl/src/FTTextureGlyph.o ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.o lib/libfreetype.a -lXpm -lXext -lX11 -lXft -lGLU -lGL -lX11 -lm
[color=red]/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXft[/color]
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [lib/libFTGL.so] Error 1

where can I have the -lXft and how to install it ?[/quote]
root.cern.ch/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph … light=lxft