Error during root installation

Dear Root expert:

I downloaded the root source code and then compile on my machiine, then the following error happened during gmake, any idea:

• cd /opt
  • wget ftp://root.cern.ch/root/root_v5.28.00b.source.tar.gz
  • tar -xvzf root_v5.28.00b.source.tar.gz
  • cd root
  • ./configure --with-python-incdir=/usr/local/include/python2.4 --with-python-libdir=/usr/local/lib/
  • gmake

/opt/root/proof/pq2/src/redirguard.cxx
    g++ -m64 -O2 -o bin/pq2 proof/pq2/src/pq2actions.o proof/pq2/src/pq2main.o proof/pq2/src/pq2ping.o proof/pq2/src/pq
    2wrappers.o proof/pq2/src/redirguard.o -Llib -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lTree -lMatrix -lProof -lThread -lCore -lCint -lMathCore -lm -ldl -pthread -rdynamic
    lib/libRIO.so: undefined reference to int TStreamerInfo::ReadBuffer<char**>(TBuffer&, char** const&, int, int, int, int)' lib/libRIO.so: undefined reference toint TStreamerInfo::ReadBuffer(TBuffer&, TVirtualColl
    ectionProxy const&, int, int, int, int)'
    lib/libRIO.so: undefined reference to TStreamerInfo::ReadBufferClones(TBuffer&, TClonesArray*, int, int, int)' lib/libRIO.so: undefined reference toint TStreamerInfo::ReadBufferSkip(TBuffer&, TVirtual
    CollectionProxy const&, int, int, TStreamerElement*, int, int)'
    lib/libRIO.so: undefined reference to int TStreamerInfo::ReadBufferSkip<char**>(TBuffer&, char** const&, int, int, TStreamerElement*, int, int)' lib/libRIO.so: undefined reference toTStreamerInfo::ReadBufferSTL(TBuffer&, TVirtualCollectionProxy*, int, int, in
    t)'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Cheers,Gang

Hi,

Those errors have been corrected in more recent version of ROOT (i.e were incompatibilities between the newer compiler and some of the existing code). I recommend you retry with v5.32.

Cheers,
Philippe.