Error cmake installing in ubuntu 17: Makefile:151: fail in the instructions for objetive 'all' make: *** [all] Error 2

Hi everybody, i had problems installing last root version on ubuntu 17, i try to install using method: " Location independent build" , so i did this:

1. Get the sources of the latest ROOT (see above)

1. Type the build commands:
        mkdir <builddir>
        cd <builddir>
        cmake ../root
        make -j4

but in the last… it show me this: Makefile:151: fail in the instructions for objetive 'all' make: *** [all] Error 2.

and i can not find a solution can you help me?

Dear christian_orlando_si,

The instructions you have reported are clearly incomplete: can you follow the section quick start and post the exact messages you get on the screen (also from the cmake step)?

G Ganis

1 Like

Which ROOT version exactly are you trying to build?
Try to run the following command (and attach the created file here):

make -j1 > make.out.txt 2>&1

thanks for your answer and this is the exact message

hi thanks for your answer… i am trying to build: Pro Release 6.12/06 - 2018-02-09 … i am gonna do and i will send u

look make.out.txt (15.6 KB)

It seems to me that you do not have the shared libpython2.7.so library installed (so it tries to link against the archive /usr/local/lib/libpython2.7.a library).

1 Like

thx for the answer but how can i do that? i am really sorry but i am new on linux

You need to talk to the one who installed your python 2.7 in /usr/local.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.